DIY Pep Bottles Lamp Shade




It takes me around a year to collect the materials for these two projects. I've finished assembling the pieces many months back but hesitated to put it up as I've no idea how to fix these lamp shades with the existing lightings I'd on the ceiling. And truly, it takes some intuition to get a job done sometimes, and that was how I climbed up the high chair, stretched my hands and legs and go all the way without those thoughts that it can't be done... No regggrreet afterall!! Things fell in place.

I was actually inspired by the creations I saw at a Christmas Recycling Exhibition done by the disabled at a shopping centre at Orchard road. Their works were amazing, turning waste plastic pep bottles into beautiful shades is really time consuming. It involved lots of hard work including cleaning the bottles, cutting out the shapes and combining them to form a shade. I replicated that idea to make two shades for my foyer and dining area. It's really impressive how it had turned out to be with something you could never imagine.

Admire them for a moment...

Comments

Unknown said…
Wow, fantastic! I love your projects, it follows a trend, "Go green" and it is beautiful at the same time! I am looking forward to seeing more of them :-)
Anonymous said…
Awesome creation! You really have great talent in transforming trash into wonderful art pieces and I like them!

Do continue your practice and hopefully can successfully install such positive intention of saving the earth to the younger generation, one day!
Anonymous said…
I have read some good stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting.

I wonder how much attempt you put to create this kind of wonderful informative web site.
Also visit my web-site ; almost
Unknown said…
Thank you very much for all the kind comments, I'm back after the long break. And definitely, the green way of crafting will go on!!

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Plastic Egg Carton Lantern

Deadline Rush - DIY Lantern making