DIY Plastic Egg Carton Lantern




This was another lantern project submitted for the competition which was not shortlisted. It was a combination of 5 plastic egg cartons (translucent type) added with flowers made from it as decorations. I used the clear egg tray for those flowers, cut out each individual egg mould from the tray and coloured them with Peel n Stick colors, this created a transparent look with the lights on. I sticked two layers for each flower, one with the petal shape cut and spread out below the other without any cutting on top, which is the centre piece of the flower.

I added some flower paintings in fabric paints using a more oriental style, the pop up effect of the paints looks outstanding on the plain plastic background. After the competition, I did some reflection and analyzed that I shouldn't have left the lantern plain without a coat of paint, and I have added too much flowers to it. The whole lantern looks complicated without a focus of attraction. Anyway it's a great experience though, to be in a competition you tends to see things in a different perspective. And so, I'm looking forward to the next challenge...cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deadline Rush - DIY Lantern making

DIY Pep Bottles Lamp Shade