School Concert Stage Backdrop Involvement




As part of my parental involvement effort and at the same time, well spending my 3 hours waiting for my boy while he's at pre-school, I was invited by the teacher to help up in the setting up of the stage backdrop for the school graduation concert this year end. As per request I need to create 5 ants, a boat and 2 big rocks as props. Hooooh! Is a great opportunity for me to explore, frankly, it's my first time!

I stayed back in school not loitering around Chinatown area after sending my boy off to his class. Making use of brown papers recycled from packaging wrappers, the boat was sketched and cut out. Blue constuction papers was added on with lighter tone of blue colored pencil which marked the wave liked effect. Lots of newspapers was crumpled to form the big rock, coupled with paper mache technique. And lastly, some grey, brown white black paints were poured onto the rockes to create that rocky effect. It took about 2 weeks to complete them part by part.

Together with a team of teachers, we managed to bring the whole picture up on stage. While it took so much time to produce, the whole display was dismantled after that two short days. Nevertheless, it's great satisfaction to be part of this big event and will remain a great memory for my boy in his growing years!

Comments

Anonymous said…
i very much adore your writing style, very remarkable,
don't quit as well as keep creating as a result it just simply good worth to read it.
looking forward to look into additional of your posts, have a great day :)
udukkai said…
the trees are so good.can you plz explain the procedure to make the leaves arrangements and the trunck!

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Plastic Egg Carton Lantern

Deadline Rush - DIY Lantern making

DIY Pep Bottles Lamp Shade