Mid Autumn Festival, Dragon Puppet Making Competion

Just received a leaflet from the school to participate in a dragon puppet making for the upcoming Mid Autumn Festival celebration 中秋节.

As the lantern making competition held at Chinatown Point has been put on halt, I decided to guide on this project.

Basically, the instructions given by the school to make this puppet is very simple. If we were to follow it exactly, I'm sure 80% of the dragons will look almost alike. Really, it is not so much of whether this puppet we made will win in the competition a not, it is the passion in me to make a difference in every project I committed doing.

We had a brainstorm session before we put everything in place. But, I got to really thank myself for the huge collections of recycled materials. If all these are not within reach, what magic can I perform? Golden & silver foil ice-cream wrappers, fresh milk carton box, bottle caps, polyfoam fruit net (the pink dragon body) etc.; all these are simply wastes that end up in the bin.

But when I saw my son picking up the dragon and dance it in the air, I knew that my magic wand has taken into effect again... At least, the next time round when you happened to come across these materials, you'll wonder whether or not to dump it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Plastic Egg Carton Lantern

Deadline Rush - DIY Lantern making

DIY Castle Pinata