DIY Bicycle Rims Light Chandelier

My dinning table lighting has been sitting there 'shadeless' for quite a while :P
And as my son was into his little bike business recently, I got hold of two bicycle rims which are heading their way to the thrash bin. I thought I must as well kill two birds with one stone, lol. Meaning, I can recycle and spice up the dining area at one go!




































































A Chandelier!

Yes, how much I've dreamt to own one chandelier light and who knows? All it takes is a will to make it! "Will Power" - willingness to MAKE it and it will happen, ahem!

This is yet to be the completed outlook, but the work in progress pics, as I still need to collect some more recycle 'parts' to give it a final touch. The bicycle rims were used as the hanging rims of this chandelier. The holes for the spokes make it just perfect for this re-purpose project. Different sizes of circles are cut out from old CDs with a soldering iron, 2 tiny holes were marked for stringing purposes later. Not just to scare you off if you are on the mood to be inspired by this, be prepared for a lot of hard work at the back end, you need to cut these CDs circles, thrim them and sand them down for a nicer curve. Dare to take up this challenge!?

To balance the shining effect of the CDs, I mixed some paper cut out from wax paper, giving it a soften look. (okay I admit, I snaked a bit here so I don't have to cut so many cds, finger pain sia!). The other material that I used is Pep bottle. After the bottles are cleaned and dried, I cut out long stripes and lightly sprayed one side with white paint. At one end, I string each of them on the inner rim to form a second layer besides the outer one, this is done so that some direct lights will be filtered by it, and won't turn out so glaring.

So stay tune, I will be back for more pics... Bye for now...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Plastic Egg Carton Lantern

Deadline Rush - DIY Lantern making

DIY Castle Pinata