Want a great makeover with a low budget for your kitchen?

Hi peeps! After years on hiatus, I'm back in the kitchen again for a makeover. Major work I would say, unlike a craft project which is normally in a small handy scale. The paint work that I last done on the kitchen cabinet had either turned yellowish, outdated or peeled. So let's see what I've done over the last one week for this kitchen makeover.

Objective of this makeover is not so much on spending big bulks but to make a great change with a small budget!






Above are the BEFORE pic of the counter that is situated at the entrance to my kitchen (Wow! 9years!, rolled eyes@@).

Below are the AFTER pics of the paint work and effect that I applied to create a modern industrial look.



With wear & tear over the years, the wood veneer has peeled off, so I ripped off everything exposing the raw wood beneath instead. Though the only concern about this is the durability of it after ripping off the protecting layer, but what lies ahead is the excitement for a change, and this involve risk taking...






Giving the raw wooden tabletop two coats of varnish after sanding it down...





I actually cut and laid a clear transparent plastic over the dried varnished top if you have notice it, after letting the varnish to dry for around a week. It provides an extra protection for the long run. As you can see from the pix above, I've also cut some pieces of corrugated board to make way for a 'hideout place' for some of my kitchen appliances under the counter. Now, I have a de-cluttered counter with a modern industrial look that I've eyed on for so long.

Coming up next will be the kitchen cabinets refurnish and a DIY chalkboard is what I wanna conquered... Be excited!






Tags: kitchen makeover, great makeover, low budget, modern industrial kitchen, diy kitchen makeover, counter top refurnish, create concrete panel look, paint work, paint effect








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Plastic Egg Carton Lantern

Deadline Rush - DIY Lantern making

DIY Castle Pinata